Alexandra and her husband, Paul, operate Main Street Produce and Freshway Farms, LLC. Freshway Farms grows strawberries, raspberries, and various cool season vegetables on approximately 1,000 acres in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties in California. Main Street Produce provides cooling and marketing services for Santa Maria growers and shippers.
Alexandra is originally from Salinas, California and graduated Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in 1988. She later graduated from UCLA School of Law, obtaining her law degree with an emphasis in Business Law. She worked as an Investment Management attorney, advising Hedge Fund managers out of the Los Angeles and Washington DC offices of a large, international law firm, K&L Gates. Today, she focuses on legal compliance issues, primarily regulatory and employment law matters, for Main Street Produce and Freshway Farms.
Her current leadership positions include:
- Western Growers, Board of Directors
- Grower-Shipper Association of San Luis Obispo & Santa Barbara Counties, Chairperson
- Plantel Nurseries, Board of Directors
- Santa Barbara County Agricultural Advisory Committee, Alternate Advisory Board Member for the California Strawberry Commission
- Santa Maria Valley Salvation Army, Advisory Board Member
- Solid Rock Foundation for Children, Executive Board Member
- Orcutt Presbyterian Church, Board of Deacons
Former leadership positions include:
- California Women for Agriculture, Santa Maria Chapter, Vice President
- Santa Barbara County Human Services Commissioner
- UCLA Women's Law Union Executive Director
- UCLA Law Review Editor
Alexandra enjoys riding and driving her Percheron draft horses, Rick and Roy, and particularly enjoys the pleasure that others get from interaction with these 2,000 lb. gentle giants. She also is an avid reader with a particular interest in Early American History.